Wednesday, February 17, 2010

At the Periodontist

I often joke that maybe I'll find a nice old man for myself in the waiting room of my periodontist's office since it's a decidedly over-50 crowd. Plus at the prices we pay there, the guy would have to at least be financially solvent, take care of himself (and his gums) so there's a number of must-have boxes checked off already.

As I was sitting there on Monday, an old guy came out with his perio work finished and I watched as he put on his coat and he must have known I was checking him out -- he was probably 75 or so and one of those charming older men, or so I perceived. I was sitting right by the door and as he passed me to leave, he looked at me with a twinkle in his clear blue eyes and said to me, "I'm off like a prom dress."

At first I wasn't quite sure what he said and then I realized the joke and I have to say it made me want to sort of call down the hall after him before he reached the elevator and ask, "Hey, wanna get some coffee?"

No comments: