Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Same Time, Next Year

Yesterday, I had my annual tax prep appointment with my accountant. I've used the same man for years -- followed him from one firm to another and he was made partner at his current firm.

Anyway, it's weird to see someone once a year and the marker for the time has been the photos of his two kids in his office. He has a son and daughter, and year by year, I watched the kids get older on the desk photos -- one year it was the Disney picture of the family with Goofy, the graduation photos... I'd hear about the trips scouting out colleges ...year by year, the kids grew up.

This year, his son is now 2 or 3 years out of college, working in DC and about to be married. I told him that when he's a grandfather I will feel very old and he looked up from his computer and said "YOU will feel old???"

No comments: