Thursday, May 6, 2010

National Hamburger Month


Writing about hamburgers in the post below reminded me I'd been saving a news release I received from the Iron Hill Brewery with eight locations all in Delaware. The restaurant is celebrating May's National Hamburger Month by offering a different burger each day.

Here are the first week's offerings:

Saturday, May 1
Triple “B” Burger: burger, bacon and boursin cheese with red onion jam

Sunday, May 2
New England Burger: lettuce, tomato, bacon, Muenster cheese, maple mayonnaise

Monday, May 3
Tijuana Burger: guacamole, tomato, bacon, pepper-jack cheese, ancho-honey mayonnaise

Tuesday, May 4
Reuben Burger: coleslaw, bacon, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing

Wednesday, May 5
For Cinco de Mayo, the South of the Border Burger: fajita-spiced meat, red onion jam, bacon, Swiss cheese

Thursday, May 6
Foodie Burger: truffled mushrooms, tomato, boursin cheese

Friday, May 7
Saltimbocca Burger: sautéed spinach, caramelized onions, prosciutto, provolone

Me? I could eat any of those -- love the idea of the red onion jam -- the only ingredient in the first week that's iffy to me is maple mayo. Like maple syrup, like mayo, but I'm not sure if I'd like the combination.

If forced to choose among these, I'd take the Reuben Burger. I'm a sucker for cole slaw on burgers, but only when accompanied by a half-dozen napkins!

No comments: