Saturday, July 24, 2010

Same Hotel Chain/Different Location




I have to say I like this chain.

My room is similar to last night's with some upgrades: note microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and flat screen TV (over desk). There's about two feet to the wall on one side of the bed, and two feet to the window seat on the other. About three feet from the foot of the bed to the desk.

The chain policy also is free high-speed Internet and also free local AND long distance calls. Also free continental breakfast.

There's probably a name for this, but the blue "runner" on the bed comes off, of course, and the blanket is in between two sheets so you don't get that yucky bedspread full of every conceivable (and some inconceivable) bodily fluids. It just feels so much cleaner without a bedspread.

The entire room is clean, fresh, new and all this for $64.

1 comment:

la pirata said...

Yes, microtel is the best, most consistent of the lower-mid range of hotels. I think it is all about franchise control. I stay in one in el paso and was there this week. While eating my free waffle I watched a large family of south Asians interact with a large family of Mennonites. Ain't that America. You need to get an iPod with speakers.