Friday, August 27, 2010

Blasted Technology

I had a good laugh at myself last night. Had stopped to put gas in my car, and I must have touched something coming in to the car because I could not get the hazard lights off. Was trying every button, every switch. At one point I had on the front and rear windshield wipers and the back one kept spritzing and washing the back window. It just made me laugh. Finally located the button and got the hazard lights off, only to realize the interior lights -- two little lights on the ceiling of the car by the rearview mirror wouldn't go off. Tried everything.

Finally I asked a man at the gas station to help me, and he couldn't find it initially either. He put on his glasses and then found the switch. Then I realized the "wiper fluid low" warning went on and I don't know how to turn that one off either.

Mary arrived and we had a pleasant afternoon, playing a game, talking, relaxing and then had Kentucky Fried Chicken (original recipe, of course) for dinner and it was great -- we then wanted to watch a Netflix movie she had brought but the two of us together couldn't figure out how to get the DVD to play. This place has a fancy satellite TV with three remotes, all these instruction books, and I said we need an 8-year old to help us. Finally we gave up.

Tomorrow, Mary's leaving to go pick up Fran who is taking a Metro (subway) to the end of the line and Fran and Mary will then return and stay through Sunday.

Saw deer, turtles, Canada geese, tons of butterflies, tons of birds, ducks, etc. It's really a beautiful, peaceful place.

No comments: