Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So Long Half Bottle of Nyquil

I decluttered my medicine cabinet and bathroom vanity today and decided the only thing I wanted in the medicine cabinet was medicine. I threw away a whole lot of stuff, and once I had isolated just the medicines, I checked the expiration dates and have to say I was pretty surprised that more than half the stuff had expired.

Is there anything worse than not having Nyquil or cough medicine or sinus headache pills in the middle of the night? I think having my little supply makes me feel secure, but all that is gone. I guess I should be happy that I haven't had to use this stuff, but it kills me to chuck it, but I did. You won't see me on Hoarders: Buried Alive!

Actually I think watching all those shows does help me throw things away. Probably there is nothing wrong with Nyquil that expired in 2009, and I would note my thought pattern today, justifying why I should keep something that's expired and sounding just like a hoarder so I guess I'll buy myself a new supply of what I may need.

And, of course, I have been opening my medicine cabinet and vanity to admire the emptiness of it all. Only good stuff remains.

No comments: