Thursday, October 14, 2010

Comparing Ourselves to Others


On Wednesday, my monthly helper, Marilyn, came over. She comes once a month for three hours to do various tasks and errands. When I know she's coming, I save the sheets for her to fold because I hate to fold sheets, even though I sort of enjoy folding clothes.

I have yet to master folding a fitted sheet, even when I really try. So Marilyn and I were chatting and I was watching her fold the fitted sheet and said what a fantastic job she does on it and I don't know how she does it so neatly.

She replied that whenever she is folding a fitted sheet that she thinks of Martha Stewart and how Martha does it so much better than she does.

Phooey. We need to stop comparing ourselves. I will officially go on record as saying I cannot fold a fitted sheet. But I can do other things exceptionally well.

No comments: