Thursday, October 14, 2010

Saturday Lunch

For my birthday lunch, we took a drive to La Plata, Maryland (pronounced La Play-tah) to an old-fashioned crab place called Captain Billy's. It's about an hour from Mary's house. Here's the view from the outside:




And here's the view from the inside. People can actually pull up in their boats to the restaurant's dock which would be fun.



Mary and Michelle shared a dozen crabs -- I do love crabs, but I don't like working that hard for a meal. It is a messy deal, too. You can see that the table is covered with brown paper and they give you melted butter, a plastic bin for the crab shells and a round mallet to crack the shells. As for me, I splurged on my birthday and ordered lobster tail stuffed with crab meat and it was wonderful.

This is the before and after of the dozen crabs.

BEFORE



AFTER

No comments: