Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Routines

I don't watch Jersey Shore which may come as a surprise to some who believe there is no limit to the idiotic reality TV shows that fascinate me. Jersey Shore isn't one of them, but I know that GTL is a saying from the show -- it's the denizens' Saturday routine -- what they have to accomplish before going clubbing that night.

GTL stands for Gym, Tanning, Laundry.
To keep you up on popular culture, that's no white power/black power fist sign, but rather a characterization of fist pumping which is what you do when you're dancing on the Jersey Shore.

Earlier today I was thinking that my own Saturday routines have gotten messed up -- from the holidays (yes, still)and traveling and today I was getting back to them.

My routine is not GTL, but it's GLP.

My G is groceries -- I get pleasure by having fresh milk, laundry detergent, food that actually forms recognizable meals. My L is the same --Laundry and I was getting caught up. I know I've said this before, but anyone who has done time in a laundromat can't help but be grateful to have a washer/dryer, and I am. Today I was so grateful that I didn't have to go out into the cold lugging a bag full of dirty clothes to some disgusting laundromat.

Finally my P is puttering. Another pleasurable activity -- sorting through junk mail that's piled up during the week, straightening up, doing mini-declutters.

So to answer what I did today, I have to respond: GLP. Oh, and I won't be clubbing tonight either.

No comments: