Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's always something...

Right in the middle of trying to get this daily newspaper out, my computer decided to act up and soon my keyboard was doing things as if it were drunk. Is there anything worse than a computer that has a mind of its own? And a crazy one at that?

I totally trust the IT person who works for my client, and she tried her best, and I believe that, but the keyboard is dead and this is a laptop. So now I am typing on a $12 keyboard from Walmart (thanks to Amy for making the trek for me!), looking like I have some weird hybrid computer. But it works and for now; that's all that matters.

So now a new laptop is in my future. Great! I had been trying to think of more ways to spend money (she says sarcastically), but I keep repeating, "It's only money; it's only a thing; it's only money; it's only a thing." I remember reading once that anything that money can solve isn't really a problem and that's true. But still...

We're supposed to get a big snowstorm tonight and at least I don't have to worry about that. We finished the paper ahead of deadline; it's a good job, if I do say so myself, so onward to tomorrow and whatever adventure awaits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that's a fairly new computer right? Do you have any warranty on it? It's a shame that they don't last long.

This is so frustrating, I can only sign in as anonymous so this is Stephanie

Melissa said...

Dang girl... At leat you have a sense of humor about it. More than I would have!