Monday, February 7, 2011

Random Thoughts of O's and Snirt

About a week ago, I turned on my computer, started to type and saw that the O key somehow wasn't working. Overnight, something happened by which I had to really pound the O to have it appear. Of course, it couldn't be the K key or the Q or X -- had to be a letter we use a lot.

Well, today, out of the blue, the O key started working totally normally again. Of course I am thrilled, but an event like this only encourages my belief that machines will somehow heal themselves.

In the meantime, my hallway light fixture has gone out and I can't change the lightbulb without a ladder, and the faucet of my one bathtub has gone from a drip to a stream. A drawer pull came off in my hand the other day -- you know how it goes -- always something.

Today I heard the word SNIRT -- it's a combination of snow and dirt. New York is full of ugly piles of snow that have turned brown and black. So just for today I'll give thanks that I can type moon, loon, google, cool, fool without pounding the keyboard and be grateful that the 40 degree temps have worked to melt away at least some of the snirt.

No comments: