Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Two

Long day, but everything went well. Skipped the opening night social event -- I am just not a fan of those events, especially the themed ones, and I sort of envy the people who can get into the spirit of the event -- like the man who wore his green plastic derby, but I can't. Was talking to this woman late afternoon who paid her own way here (as opposed to her employer paying) and when she found out the ticket was $160 for tonight, she told me she had to skip it. I pulled out my ticket (which I got for free) and gave it to her. She was thrilled and so was I, knowing my ticket wasn't going to go to waste.

When I was approaching my hotel room, I noticed a woman across the hall from my room who had just checked in and her key card didn't work. She was frustrated and tired andI know she didn't want to trek all the way back to the registration desk to get another. Been there, done that.

I asked her if she had tried rubbing the key against herself. She thought I was nuts, but tried it and the key worked. She was stunned and so appreciative -- told me I "saved her life" so that was nice -- and I'm glad the trick worked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You done good!

Melissa said...

I never heard that trick!! You never told me that one!

Pat said...

I think I heard dust gets on it or something -- on the magnetic strip. I've also seen store clerks do it when the credit card doesn't swipe right.