Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Evening

Yesterday got away from me. Bad storms all day so I had stayed in the hotel thinking I'd have this long luxurious day to relax and get caught up with work, but no such luck. It was one of those days where every email brought in more work that had to be done immediately -- I have a bunch of clients all getting ready for the opening day of the show which was today -- so lots of last minute stuff, proofreading, etc.

I think I mentioned I was afraid I was too far from the show, and it did take me a full hour to get there today, but I took a map with me and found a better route and got it to 40 minutes on the way home. Not too bad, but tomorrow I have to be on site no later than 6:45 for this breakfast. Tomorrow's gonna pretty much do me in. A breakfast, followed by meetings, followed by a lunch, followed by meetings, followed by a customer event by one of my clients. Everything is in place, but it's just a matter of stress of "will the caterer show up on time?" kind of things. The table and chairs are set up, which in the past, has been a stressful situation. This year I said, "I am on my hands and knees begging you to have the tables and chairs in place" -- sounds dramatic, and it is, but it worked.

What had happened in the past is I'm told I'm a worry wart, you don't need them til Wednesday, it's only 9 am... stop worrying,,,they'll come -- it's only 10 o'clock, it's only 11 o'clock and on the heels of guests arriving, the tables and chairs arrive with two young guys who don't give a damn if they're set up or not.

I have made some progress worrying about the weather -- it's down to 30 percent chance of rain tomorrow, and I told my breakfast client that I am battling the notion that if it rains I am somehow to blame and I will have let him down. He said, "Yeah, but that's what I like about you."

The highlight of my day was having a late lunch at Taco Bell where I ate something new that I'd seen advertised on TV: a Pacific Shrimp Burrito. Washed down by cherry limeade. Mmmm-mmmm. Good!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hope you made it through the day.. Sounds grueling! But that's it now right? You get to go home!!! I heard it was raining a lot..... I think of the past :) .