Saturday, April 2, 2011

More Spring in DC

Mary says:

It's a real early spring day here, cold but clear, with the sun in, then out, then in again. Meredith asked if things were starting to grow so I took a few pictures in the front -- many things are just starting to open up. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what these plants are.You can't see it in the picture, but the low growing bushy plant has flowers that are blue and white. I'm going to ask Serena to walk around the front with me as we make a map of the garden.You'll probably recognize the yellow flowers.

here's to spring!





But back in New York, we can't report much forward progress with Spring. It's sort of gray and cold. The wooden fences in my garden are being replaced today, and that's going to be a big boost. However, I do miss the weather we had, for at least part of the time, in Florida.

No comments: