Sunday, April 10, 2011

Selling a Water Color

Does anybody know how to sell a water color? I have one for sale that I bought about 15-20 years ago at a gallery which no longer exists. At the time I paid $450 for it.

It's a very evocative painting -- like a late January afternoon and a corner of a Victorian house. I think I was attracted to that kind of sad mood; I identified with it; I got it, but now it just makes me sad. I took it down when my living room was being painted about 10 years ago and never put it back up.

I know I could just let it go and give to the thrift shop, but I thought I could at least try to sell it. I don't want to do eBay -- I guess I feel I wouldn't get the value of it.

When I was looking at it tonight, I didn't have my glasses so I couldn't really read the artist's name, but I guess that would be a first step... see how well-known the artist is. I'm open to any other suggestions. I am not trying to make back my money, but just do better than giving it away.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You might try Craigs List, but you have to be careful. Will talk to you about it this week.