Sunday, May 22, 2011

Road Trip: day six -- Almost Home

Today was a bit of a struggle for me, and I had to laugh at myself that I feel as if a pyschologist has given me an assignment -- which is to take it easy and add an extra day to get home. Of course I could have made it home today -- right now I'm about two hours from NYC, but I am trying to do this the easy way, and have a little bit of a vacation too. It's hard to turn off that go-go-go button.

 So I'm in another Red Roof Inn -- this one in Allentown, PA. I stopped driving around 6. Part of the decision was thinking I could avoid Sunday night traffic and really preferring to not arrive at night. I'll get home soon enough tomorrow.

Driving through the Pennsylvania mountains -- I guess they are the Allegheny Montains?? -- is really beautiful. Some people would scoff at calling these mountains, but this is actually a ski area:


Fran may take lovely photos of flowers and cats, but I take the candid snap of a guy whose butt crack was showing. This is at a rest stop on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, where I had stopped to use the restroom, and when I got back in my car, the butt crack caught my eye. What I enjoyed about it is this guy was completely oblivious to it. I almost got a better shot as you can see the car directly in front of me was about to leave and I had a plan to pull up, put down the passenger side window and zoom in, but unfortunately, this fellow's traveling companion came and they both got in the car.



more heavy rain today....


And here's the view from my door:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY!

fran said...

Flowers, trees and cats make fine subjects for photos tis true. And you have seen beauty--and captured at a pit stop--the incredible beauty of the male form. There is The David. Now we have Butt Cracks in the Rain.