Thursday, June 16, 2011

Let's Kvetch!

I have two kvetches today -- for those who don't know a kvetch is a light-hearted complaint -- sort of whining when you're aware you're whining.

So here are my two, experienced within the last 24 hours.

I hate when I am talking to an automated answering/phone tree when the automated voice gets this suppressed laugh in its mechanical voice as if what she is saying is just so effing amusing. I think they try to inject some humanity into the voice, but we all know it's a mechanical voice -- not to mention "Yes, I can do that for you" just isn't that funny.

Another place I call regularly -- it may be Delta -- inserts the sound of a typewriter typing. Really folks? A typewriter? So after you give your 27-digit account number, you hear 27 clicks of the typewriter. Probably half the people who call have never heard a typewriter type. I can just feature the bozos sitting around the room talking about how they can give the customers a sensory experience by providing the sound of typewriters.

I do know that the Delta voice says, "Let me find your file" -- does anyone believe that the mechanical voice is going through a filing cabinet? Then, "Here it is" -- oh thank God you've found it.

Second complaint is I received my installment bill from my house insurance yesterday. Yesterday was June 15. The bill is dated June 6 and it's due June 25.  Whatever happened to 30 days? Why couldn't they send the invoice sooner?

End of kvetching for now. Please share yours. The pettier, the better.

3 comments:

Mary Mc said...

Here's mine - I hate the way cashiers always pile your paper money in your hand (nice enough) and then pile the change on top of the paper. How are you supposed to handle that, especially if you have a bag of things you just bought in one hand and the money in another? I guess they do it because it's easier to see what you've counted out?

Melissa said...

When I go to sonic every day a d order he same thing (you know)... And they STILL don't get it right!!!

Anonymous said...

I just thought of one....when I go to the deli counter in my local supermarket and ask for very thin sliced meat and it never is thin sliced. Danny likes his american cheese sliced thick so he just needs 1 slice on his ham and cheese or whatever and cheese. I always ask for very thick slices and they never want to show me the first slice. It is never thick enough. They NEVER want to slice it THICK! They act as if it is against the law!

Stephanie