Thursday, June 2, 2011

Random Thought

The thing around the house that I hate to do the most is fold a fitted sheet. I was doing it today and no matter how hard I try, or have tried over the years, I have no talent and no patience. I think folding a fitted sheet well must take patience.

A few years back, when Martha Stewart was the rage, I saw one of her shows where she demonstrated the way to fold a fitted sheet. I was all ears and eyes. Basically she was saying that you find a point in each fitted corner... You sort of pull at it, and when Martha did it, each side effortlessly folded in on itself. I still try that system, but it doesn't really work. Of course, Martha's sheet was perfect.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

In college, my friend Andrea first tucked the corners into each other, and it all worked beautifully for her. Mine are still lumpy. I just heard she's getting a divorce, so knowing how to fold sheets isn't enough to hold a marriage together.