Wednesday, August 17, 2011

High Boiling Point

I have had, all solvable, computer problems in the past week. Today I was sending a news release and photo on behalf of a client, using their mail server, and I could not get the photo to attach to the email. It was one of those things that just didn't make sense and totally frustrating.

Well, finally I did it, but there were times in the past week where I have literally wanted to throw the computer against the wall and I was thinking that I really am grateful that I have such a high boiling point or it could be a very expensive way to live. I think for the first time I could understand acting on that impulse to throw something, which I don't think I've ever done. Those people must spend thousands of dollars replacing electronic devices.

My coping mechanism when I'm very frustrated with the computer is to take a deep breath and then hum a little tune. Now that sounds dopey and Pollyanna-ish, and I'm neither, but I think it keeps me from screaming and hurling the effing thing out the window. Whatever works.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yep, tech support is one of the very few things that I miss about being self-employed!