Friday, September 30, 2011

One Step Closer to My Dream House

Ever since I have lived here, I have admired the old brownstone across the street that seems to have its own apartment on the side. I have never seen anyone ever coming in or going out of the side place, and I have only seen a very old man in the main house. This is the place that is covered with wisteria every May.

Somehow I believe that the universe is going to plot to get me that apartment, and today I got one step closer. About 18 months ago, I let someone ahead of me in line in a big drug store and I then recognized him as the old man who lives in this brownstone. I told him at the time that I love his house and if he ever sells to remember my face so that he'd give me a good price. At the time, I thought, "The wheels are in motion."

Today, when I came back from lunch, I sat on my steps for a while, and there was a well-dressed couple in their 50s standing outside this brownstone, making notes, taking photos and they then crossed the street to ask me if I knew anything about this building as they are in the market to buy a full house. I blurted out my whole story about how I am somehow going to get that side apartment.

We talked for a few minutes, I told them about the wisteria, and I told them that if they somehow end up buying the house to invite me for dinner and I'll bring dessert. They took me very seriously, and I said, "You can find me on these steps" and the man said, "Don't worry, we'll find you."

So I'm not ready to send out invitations to the housewarming party, but the universe is moving things in the right direction. I have patience that the plan is unfolding as it should. I better continue declutttering so packing for the move will be easy.

No comments: