Friday, September 16, 2011

Profound Thought for Friday

One of the authors who has probably changed my life in many subtle (and not so subtle) ways is Louise Hay, a New Age author who believes our thoughts create our reality.

I got an excerpt of her new book in an email today. In this excerpt she talks about the fear of dying, how we all have it, and I love the movie metaphor she uses. It's something I've always thought, never articulated it this way, but find it comforting. She writes:

I don't want to go right now because there are things I want to do, but I'm going to say that throughout my entire life. We all will. There's always one more thing to do -- a child's wedding to attend, a baby ready to be born, or a book to write.

I also have this very strong feeling that we arrive in the middle of the movie, and we leave in the middle of the movie. The movie is continuous. We enter and we exit. All of us do that. There's no wrong time or right time, there's just our time -- it was our time to be born and our time to go.

3 comments:

Mary Mc said...

I like that very much. I don't know why exactly, but I do.

Melissa said...

Ditto that Mary, I feel the same way. It makes me think of those i love and have gone in recent years.

Anonymous said...

not only do we come in the middle - and leave a little while later... we only see a few square inches of the screen...