Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stunning News for Pat/Pollyanna

I really would not char- acterize myself as naive, but I guess I can be. I used to think that no one in my  high school was having sex -- that is, until I went to my reunion and found out that loads of people were having sex -- it was me who wasn't!

So today I'm reading an obituary for this rock 'n roll lyricist who wrote Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, Yakkety-Yak and also Poison Ivy.

I always thought Poison Ivy was about... poison ivy!

But it's about syphillis. Am I the only one who didn't know that? The lyricist "readily admitted" this, according to the obituary -- that's why, he says, "it's gonna take an ocean... of calamine lotion..." which I thought meant (really) that the person just had a bad case of poison ivy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put me on that naive list right behind you! Now that I am thinking about the lyrics...LATE AT NIGHT WHILE YOUR SLEEPIN POISON IVY COMES A CREEPIN....hummm.......Oh well, we are just pure and simple gals.....

Sweet Stephanie or as Danny calls me, Mother Theresa

Melissa said...

I'm right there with you girlfriends.. In fact, even worse, I barely remember the song -although I do remember jailhouse rock, yakity yak, and hound dog!
But I do think it's funny :).