Saturday, October 29, 2011

My dreary Saturday

I am grateful to have a washer and dryer so I didn't have to go outside today. I am grateful to have had a wonderful New York "scrambled egg and bacon on a roll" delivered as a late lunch which I complemented with iced coffee. I am grateful that I figured out a way to make iced coffee in a hurry. I brew my Keurig one cup. Then I stick it in the freezer for five minutes and it comes out luke warm. I used to add the ice next to cool it off, but the coffee was still warm enough to melt the iceand I'd end up with watered down coffee. So I changed the order and added the milk next which sufficiently cools the coffee to then add the ice which remains solid.

This is my garden at 4 pm.


5 comments:

Mary Mc said...

OK, I'm jealous about the washer - Dave did laundry at Jill's house today and I'll be doing some on Monday.

The iced coffee, I'm sorry, sounds just terrible to me - especially when it's cold and damp. Glad you enjoyed it though

Pat said...

Why do we (I) want people to like the same things we (I) do? I don't know how Mary and I have been friends lo these many years as our tastes are so different. In my heart, I believe that if I made iced coffee for Mary, and she had an open mind and tasted it, she'd have to admit it is delicioso.

And Mary can reply "And that's exactly how I feel about you and salmon!"

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mary on this one. I hate iced coffee no matter who makes it! Love my coffee pipin hot! Sorry Pat.....

Stephanie

Pat said...

Yes, but Stephanie at least had a mid-life awakening and decided that shrimp, which she previously hated -- the hatred for which compromised the ease of sharing food when we went out -- she now loves. Maybe there's hope for me and salmon.

Anonymous said...

Do you think it was a mid-life awakening or a mid-life crisis?

Stephanie