Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I Learned Today


I knew this, but it was confirmed by a show I was watching, that handwashing remains the #1 way to avoid illness. I must say that last winter was the first time I was consciously washing my hands more frequently than normal and I did not get a cold or flu last year.

I also knew that you have to wash for 20-40 seconds, but what I didn't know, or hadn't been pointed out to me, is that a mistake people make is that we don't wash our thumbs. I observed myself washing my hands and realized I am guilty of this. So here's my happy, health hint:

WASH YOUR THUMBS!

This program demonstrated the technique below, which I also didn't do, which gets in the spaces between our fingers:

So here's to clean hands and a cold-free winter -- and especially to clean thumbs!


No comments: