Saturday, November 12, 2011

Meandering East

I decided to take it easy coming home. Even though I could have made it home today, I didn't. Now I'm about two hours away so I'll be home Sunday morning.


After last night's hotel direction problem which didn't turn out to be much of a problem, I thought I'd used up all my good luck, but something else happened today. I had my camera out this morning to take a photo of the clean dump I stayed in last night:


My room #204
Later that morning I stopped to get gas and was tidying up the car, getting rid of the trash, and I realized I couldn't find my camera. Looked under the seats, in the back seat, between the seats. I knew I had it this morning and ran out of places to look.

Then I remembered the trash bag. I had taken the wastebasket liner from the hotel room this morning to gather up the trash, put it on the passenger seat, along with my purses, camera, etc. I went back to the trash can at the pump, took out my bag, and yes, there was my camera. Luckily it just had a bit of schmutz on it, but it was fine -- or so I thought. It started doing crazy things, and then I realized the battery was running out, but now I've charged it and all is well. It would have really annoyed me to have lost it and I thank the garbage angels or whatever force was at work.

Mabye this license plate rubbed off on me. I don't know what it means, but I love having -- and wishing you -- 4X Grace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the most part, I'd say Lady Luck has been on your side. Safe driving and welcome home!

Stephanie

Mary Mc said...

We stayed in motels like that on every trip when I was growing up! The best though were the ones with signs saying "air conditioning", "pool" (and some of those little motels had small pools out front) and incredibly "color TV". Things have changed a bit since then.