Saturday, December 10, 2011

Addicted to Bargains

I'm not a big shopper which probably makes my bargain shopping worse. Barbara and I talked at lunch about both of our habits of finding things on sale and how neither of us pay full price for any clothes. In part, I blame the retailers for training us to wait for a bargain. I'm not going to buy something full-price on line/from a catalog when I know if I wait a few days, I'll no doubt get some kind of discount via email.

Let me back up by saying my own sensibilities have not kept pace with some prices of everyday things, and  bras are one of them. I can't believe how expensive they are. My favorite bra (which I'm stunned hasn't been discontinued since that seems to happen to anything I really like) has a normal price of $46.99. The site was having a bra sale so it was reduced $10 to $36.99 and then was having a site-wide sale of 50% off so I got two bras, each for $18.49 which seems like a reasonable price.

The same with snow boots. I needed a pair, and I've never been a big boot wearer but I need them for truly snowy days followed by the slush days where's there's a small, icy, ankle-deep pond at every corner. These particular boots started out at $129 and were somehow reduced to $43.75 -- that reduction was almost too much -- it made me somewhat suspicious -- and I read all the reviews and everyone seemed happy -- a few complaints of "ran bigger" with equal comments of "ran smaller" but they were mostly happy buyers. I will add that these boots would not be my first choice -- there is a snowflake embossed in the boot but I really don't care. So, with my 50%  coupon, I got the boots for $21.87. With shipping, I got the two bras and the boots for just under $70. Here they are, but I ordered them in black.



I cannot tell you the pleasure this gives me. Now if I was only able to get free shipping too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice boots...

Stephanie