Friday, December 30, 2011

Back to Betsy Wetsy

You may have missed this comment from Barbara since I am probably the only one that goes back to see if there are any new comments -- and this one made me laugh.

She writes:

I never had a Betsy Wetsy, but I DID have a "Flying Nun" doll --based on the TV show at the time. Ugh! As for dolls that do things, I saw a "Kissie" doll at a flea market recently that reminded me that my oldest sister had one of those -- you push her little arms together and she puckered up and made a kissing noise. What I remember about her was that you couldn't kiss her on the lips while she did her thing, because her arms had to clap together to make it work, so the arms were in the way of actually kissing her while she kissed you. Maybe the manufacturers were worried that we'd grow up to be lesbians if we could actually kiss the Kissie doll back?

No comments: