Monday, December 5, 2011

First World Problems

The past few months, I've gotten into Twitter. For those who aren't familiar with the workings, you can send out group Tweets to your followers, individual Tweets to individuals (which Anthony Wiener was trying to do when he broadcast his wiener), but also take part in group posts with the entire Twitterverse where the topic is designated with a hash tag (#). A friend introduced me to my new favorite hashtag roundup named #firstworldproblem.

A First World Problem is a problem that only people in industrialized countries, very privileged people, have. Here are some real-life examples from Twitter:
  • My favorite personal first world problem is how angry I get when I'm on blogs that have endless scrolling. Load faster. 
  • Just spilled coffee on my white shirt. Is this a first world problem
  • Poor satellite reception is hands down my biggest first-world problem. I get irrationally angry about it. 
  • Today's first world problem is the angle at which I rest my feet on the coffee table makes my pinky toes go numb
  • My First World Problem of the day: CBS Channel 4 has poor HD for sports. 
  • First world problem: I didn't know how to use the bus.
  • This is such a ridiculous first world girl problem and there is no reason for me to say this but my scented candles run out way too fast.
  • First world problem: left for a few days of Thanksgiving and my TiVo is chuck full.
  • First-world problem of the day: 2 year old won't stop saying god dammit. First-world solution: watch football with him so it's appropriate
  • Accidentally bought cinnamon raisin bagel chips.
  • First-world problem solved: tv remote was in my purse. Meaning i walked it pretty much everywhere for 2 days. Got the ride of its life!
  • First World Problem: Oh no! The place where I buy my over-priced coffee is closing down! Whatever will I do?
  • i keep waiting for netflix shows to go into commercial so i can go get something to eat
  •  SHould I buy 'Hogan's Heroes: The Complete Series' on DVD?
  •  I don't know what's worse, my pre-lit Christmas tree being only partially lit or my lack of interest in figuring out why.
  • Having a 3 bed 2 bath to myself is rather depressing
And my personal favorite:
  • The low setting on the van seat warmer isn't hot enough but the high setting makes my bottom too warm 
As for me, as Barbara can attest, my personal First World Problem is I only like certain models of cabs since they are easier to get in and out of -- and I don't like the sliding doors in the mini-mini vans because I can never open them so after our monthly lunch when she walks me to the street to get my cab home, she humors me as we let various cabs go by until I see the kind I like. I will say this: if it were raining, snowing (or about to), if I were late or if cabs were scarce, I will get in any cab, but given the choice, I'll wait for the kind I prefer.
 
So what's your First World Problem? 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My first world problem... Why shouldn't they discount business class seats for those over 60 (why not an AARP Discount!). And a close second... Why can't they have at least two flights on each route with big airplanes (as opposed to regional jets)! I suppose it says something... That my two biggest works problems have to do with airline travel! wish I could retire :)