Sunday, December 11, 2011

Miss Potter


I have had the Renee Zellwegger movie "Miss Potter" on my Netflix queue for months, and I always shoved it back to the bottom of the list. I had mailed another disc back, and forgot to look at my queue to see what I wanted next, and somehow this one was the next. When I checked, I was disappointed, but thought at least it will be off my list.

Of course, it's when our expectations are low that we really enjoy a film, and I enjoyed this one. It's a film about Beatrix Potter, author/illustrator of the Peter Rabbit books. Begins in 1901 where she is an "old maid" living with, and under the thumb, of her parents. The books take off, and she not only enjoys success as an author, but the money gives her freedom to live her own life. She even has a romance. I am not a particular fan of Renee Z, but I enjoyed her performance. If you want a small, quiet movie, I would recommend this one.

The movie made me check out the real Beatrix Potter, and her Wikipedia entry does match the events in the movie.

No comments: