Friday, December 23, 2011

Move over, Little Drummer Boy

One other thing that drives me insane at Christmas is the various parodies of "The Night Before Christmas." Mary and I have complained about these to each other for years. I thought I had escaped this year, but this just arrived (An A&P is an airplane mechanic):

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the hangar,
Not a builder was working with a friend or a stranger.
The windsocks were filled with gusts from the north,
As Santa was pre-flighting with his A & P dwarfs.

and it goes on.

And on.

And on.

And on.

Did I mention it goes on?

And on.

But then, just when I needed it: RELIEF in the form of a kindred spirit. I follow political satirist Andy Borowitz on Twitter who today Tweeted:

A holiday tradition I have is finding someone who has done a parody of "A Night Before Christmas" and killing them.

No comments: