Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday Afternoon in New York

So you're on the way to the periodontist with me... We get in a cab right in front of my building, head west, across the Park, down Central Park West and see the Museum of Natural History:
The first time I went there was in fourth grade, and that was the outing for all fourth graders. When I first moved to New York, I hadn't been since then, and I was stunned to see some of the same exhibits. It was a beautiful day today, sunny and nearly 60 degrees.

Farther down Central Park West is the Dakota at 72nd Street. Sadly, this is the building where John and Yoko lived and where John was shot out front.



Here's the tree in the lobby of my periodontist's building.

And more decorations on the way to the elevator.

So here are the carriages around Central Park South -- I am not necessarily a fan, although I love the sound the horse's hooves make and today the carriages were decorated for Christmas.

This is on the way back home -- down Fifth Avenue a block to turn East and this is the crowd looking at the windows of Berdorf Goodman.

This is my artistic photo -- I have captured three iconic New York images in one photo: a yellow cab, pigeons, and a bagel. (The pigeons were eating the bagel under the cab.)

Back in my neighborhood, passing Maz on the way home, and thinking of Stephanie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you too! Stephanie

Melissa said...

I was waiting for a picture of the inside of your mouth taken while at the periodontist :):):). The ride was nice and yes what a beautiful day in the city. It made me think of my holiday trip to new York the year of the storm of the century :).

Mary Mc said...

thanks for the tour!