Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday Lunch Out

Had lunch with Russell Munson, our Christmas tradition. Russ is a brilliant photographer -- and those outside of aviation may know him as the photographer for Jonathan Livingston Seagull. He is always willing to come up to my neighborhood -- he lives in Soho, and so we went to Sotto Cinque which was beautifully decorated for the holidays.

The Second Avenue subway construction has now branched out to 86th Street which put a big dent into my shortcut to this restaurant. I leave my building and cut through a parking garage that has an entrance on 87th and 86th Streets. I walk through the garage, entering at 87th Street, then exit on 86th Street, jaywalk across 86th Street right to the door of Sotto Cinque. If I toddle along fairly quickly, I can get there in about one minute. However, now this construction has blocked my jaywalking and so I had to go around it almost to the corner, slowing down my progress considerably.
Stopped here and got two "everything bagel" breadsticks which I had for supper along with a great bowl of soup.

The photo really doesn't do the garland justice. It was real pine and real lights.

Coming home through the garage, I noticed this odd license plate. Dr. Timonthy Leary perhaps?
Winter comes to East 87th Street. No more flowers; no more green leaves; no more vibrant yellow leaves.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am longing for a Maz dinner!
Stephanie