Monday, January 16, 2012

Salad Insight

This is not an earth-shattering insight, but for a long time I have been buying bagged salad, thinking that the ease of prep would make me more likely to have a salad with dinner. Lately my grocery store bagged salad has been bad -- flat and brown edged even before the expiration date. So what happens is I buy a bag and get maybe one good salad out of it; the second time less so and the third time I skip it, stick it back in the fridge, only to throw it away a few days later. I have thrown away dozens of bags with one last salad left in them.

On Sunday, I skipped the bag salad and bought the fixings -- and had the best big crispy crunchy fresh salad tonight that I really enjoyed. Before I sound too healthy, I did put crumpled blue cheese on top! I don't think I'll be going back to the bags any time soo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I just HATE to wash and dice ALL the veggies I want in my salad. I especially can't stand washing and drying the lettuce. I now have a salad spinner which helps a little. By the way, I love green leaf lettuce.

Stephanie