Thursday, January 26, 2012

Scattered Thoughts for Thursday

How heartless email overload makes me: Skimming through emails that had accumulated after a two-hour absence, I deleted this one first: Sick and dying children need medicine to survive

Every so often I read something hokey that I like... such as this from today: People will hate you, rate you, shake you and break you. How strong you stand is what makes you.

I think I'll make this a T-shirt. I had pressed a 'submit' button on a website today with no response, and so I pressed it again and got this message: We are experiencing slowness. Please be patient. Who else wants to wear that as a sign around our necks?

Had an early morning dream that has stayed with me all day. Arriving by bus for a business event. Thought the bus driver had my shoes. He didn't. Ergo, I am barefoot. Typical anxiety dream of puzzled self-chastisement: why did you think the driver had your shoes? why did you depend on that? why didn't you wear shoes? Now you're barefoot and will look ridiculous. You can't go barefoot to a business event. The driver has a pile of beat up athletic shoes. Totally inappropriate. Then I see a pair of nice women's shoes but I am afraid they won't fit. But they do. But now the problem is I don't know how to adjust all the many straps and buckles. I'm walking around this outdoor picnic event, including a trip to the buffet table, but my shoes are undone. No one notices. Calling Dr. Freud.

And finally, some good news: Jody got released from the hospital to a nearby hotel. Looking at this photo, as an ex-smoker (not a non-smoker, a distinction Barbara has pointed out to me), I wonder why can't you smoke in the Interfaith Garden of Prayer. If your life takes you to a hospital's Interfaith Garden of Prayer, let a sister have a smoke.

No comments: