Friday, March 23, 2012

Celebrity Tweeting

Some of you know I've been playing at Twitter for a few months. I think I have 29 followers, some people I know, some I don't. Followers means people who have signed up to receive my Twitter messages. Part of the Twitter culture is that you can "direct Tweet" someone -- which is the same thing as sending them an email, except it's via Twitter.

Ok, that's preface for my exciting experience. I have probably "direct Tweeted" someone a half dozen times, a few of which were to celebrities. Today I got a celebrity response.

Well, if you're a bleeding heart liberal and consider Michael Moore a celebrity. I follow him on Twitter and a few days ago he Tweeted something about how he was going for a walk and who wanted to join him -- just a silly thing -- but for some reason it caught on so people were Tweeting how they took the walk with him, and they'd Tweet what music they listened to and where they walked -- and it was just a nice thing.

He announced a time for his daily walk each day -- I think today is the fourth day. Soon enough the right wing takes note of this and goes nuts about what's the big deal about Michael Moore just taking a walk blah blah.

So Michael tweets:

The haters, as you may have noticed, are baffled by this and, um, hating that I am walking. My favorite hater tweet follows this one...

and he posted this nasty tweet. So I direct Tweeted Michael Moore and wrote:

@MMFlint They want you to be their radical cartoon character and it must bug the heck out of them that you're doing something so normal.

and now, the point of this story, is that he personally Tweeted me back. He wrote:

Yeah, I think that's it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
My first celebrity Tweet back!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ok!! I'm jealous!!! You must teach me how to Tweet!!!!