Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Home Again

I was actually home last night, but I lost my mobile WiFi stick since I take it out of my computer so it doesn't bend or break. I know I had it in my apartment as I was going to take it downstairs to my bedroom because I had to send out some news releases.

Well, I realized I didn't have it with me -- went back upstairs and searched and searched with nothing. I ended up going on line and sending these releases via dial up... which was Ok and at least workable. Limped along today on dial up and didn't have the energy to keep looking for this stick. Finally as I was thinking about maybe having to buy a new one, I launched the search again. Oh yes, I also prayed to St. Anthony.

Emptied my purse, emptied my suitcase, shook out every piece of clothing. Shook out every piece of dry cleaning. I knew I hadn't been in the kitchen or bathroom, but I looked there anyway. I was 100% that the stick had been in my apartment. Took off all the sofa cushions, pushed the sofa around... nothing. Moved the sideboard away from the wall. Nothing,.

Out of desperation of nowhere else to look, I moved my big upholstered chair -- I had been nowhere near that chair because I knew when I arrived home last night that if I sat in that chair, I'd never get up- - not physically but just not enough energy since it's so comfy so I avoided it. And there the stick sat, under the chair... my only explanation is that I must have put it on the coffee table, then knocked it off, then kicked it under the chair. Or else I have a little gremlin in my apartment.

I finally feel as if I'm back to normal. We are all so dependent on our Internet connections. Now my big decision is this. I have to be in Florida in two weeks, from Monday through and including Thursday. I have to be in Washington DC that following Monday to Friday. I was toying with the idea of driving from Florida to DC -- it's 13 hours, so it's an easy 2-day drive... and the deciding point would be a drop off fee. For some reason, Enterprise doesn't have one, so I booked an Enterprise car for $200 which is a week's rental -- the rest of the companies were like $800. I went ahead and booked it, just to get that price. If I change my mind, I can always cancel it. Maybe they need cars moved or something, but I know I'd be pissed off at myself if I went back in a few days and that price was gone.

So anyway, as always, it's good to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where in Florida? Please bring me a Queso Fundido from Maz! It actually sounds like a fun trip. I will call you in a couple of days....Stephanie