Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just to Clarify

I left out the worst overriding part of yesterday. For about a week, I've been having internet connectivity problems -- out of the blue -- I have Sprint Mobile WiFi and it's bad from time to time, but mostly I don't have any problems. I was certain some "event" had transpired which affected connectivity to the point that I had no bars, although I could still get on line, it would take about 30 seconds to open an email. Web sites weren't worth going to unless absolutely necessary due to timing out typically and I would get booted about every 15 minutes.

I called on Thursday -- the guy had me change one setting and then said something to the effect of Manhattan is so busy that there will always be connectivity problems but they're "working on it" -- I mentioned that some event must have happened. Hey, what do I know?

Second call on Monday and was first told "take the device to a Sprint store and if there's something wrong with it, they'll replace it." When I told her flat out there's nothing wrong with the device, she said she'd give me to the "situation escalation department" -- something absurd like that.

And you always start from scratch -- HellothisisdaisycanIhaveyour10digitaccountnumber?" I do not know why that data can't travel with you as you get transferred.

So the escalation dept woman runs all these tests and then announces that a Sprint tower went down on February 27 and that's the problem. I knew it. Well, I didn't know that a tower went down, but I knew that there had been a change. She had called the four Sprint stores in my area, all of which said customers are complaining.

I said, "Maybe you should have alerted us?" She says, "Oh we don't do that." No, you'll bombard my mailbox with useless sales trash and seem to find me every month to send me a bill, but alert a customer that their service is impacted? No, we dont' do that.

She tells me that normally they don't issue a credit until the situation is fixed, and this tower will be fixed on March 8th, but she gives me 1/2 month credit off my invoice. Why couldn't they have done that in advance?

It reminds me of once when I rented a car, got there and there was no car and I said "why didn't you call me?" Oh we don't do that. Yeah, and try renting a car without giving them your phone number. These days you have to give two phone numbers.

I'm in Dallas, where the cell towers are working very nicely, thank you. I had actually a pleasant flight, on time departure, early arrival, bag was waiting at baggage claim, nice cab driver to hotel, nicre hotel room so my world is a little brighter and more cheerful today.

No comments: