Friday, March 23, 2012

Short Interview

The typical person I interview is probably over 50, sometimes way over, and as such has a long history. Today I interviewed someone for a profile who graduated from college in 2010 and started her first job a month later. She's had one job, her current one. I had to laugh because I was finished so quickly -- I'm so used to "And then in 1984, the company was sold and I moved to..."

The other thing that was sweet about her is how much she loves her job and at one point when she was telling me about her job duties, I commented editorially, "You are really getting good experience that you can take to whatever your next job is." She replied a bit ... oh, I can't say "testily" but I will say "adamantly" -- she said, "I'm never leaving this job!" Like I was nuts to even suggest it. Oh to be young again!

No comments: