Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bon Voyage Eve

Am about 75% packed for Oshkosh, and am in good shape to go. Today, the best thing happened. I received a car pass in the mail from the show which means I don't have to park in public parking but can park right next to the building most of my work is in.

For those who have been to Oshkosh, you know what a fantastic privilege one of these passes is. If you've never been, just imagine a huge state fair that you have to go to 6 days in a row, arriving most days before 7am and hiking long distances from public parking to where you need to go. So I'm very pleased.

Got Chinese food at lunch, which came with a fortune cookie, and I played this little game with myself saying that my fortune would foretell my Oshkosh experience. Good news here as well as my fortune reads: Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.

I would like to offer one copyedit: Lets changed "suitably rewarded" to "richly rewarded."

It's gotten cooler here so, unlike last year, I won't be hauling my suitcase etc. out in 100 degree heat. I still remember how I was soaking wet by the time I got to the rental car place. My hair was still wet when I was in New Jersey where I remembered my Chilly Willy which Barbara had given me... One of those things that you soak in water and put around your neck. I had put mine in the freezer and I remember when I dug it out of my totebag and put it around my neck I felt as if I had slipped into a cool swimming pool.

Anyway, I'll be on the road again tomorrow.

No comments: