Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cooler Tuesday

The temperature dropped about 15 degrees. Heard today that it reached 101 on the field yesterday. I believe it. So I had one event yesterday, three events today, and two events tomorrow. All is well. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain which I hope somehow bypasses us. I have to say, though, the area really needs the water.

This morning I had to be on the field before 7 and I was too lazy to get gas last night. Oshkosh is 20 miles away and I had 1/8 tank of gas. I remember my mother used to say "as long as the needle moves" and the needle moved when I turned on the car, but I don't know this car and the thought of running out of gas on site was not a pleasant one.

So I quickly pull into this gas station, realized you had to pay inside, which is a pain, but you gas up and then pay. I did all that and the pump kept reading "One moment please." Turns out the damn place wasn't open yet so off I go, now more hurried, to find another gas station which are rarely around when you need one. Got gas, got there in record time. The caterer was all set up, and my client wasn't there yet so I sat down and the whole group of client people walked in about 15 seconds later so it appeared as if I'd been there way longer than I had. Great timing on my part.

Not much else to report. Another early breakfast tomorrow.

On to the slide show...

This is driving in this morning with my orange car pass approaching the second check point. In the first one, they pull you out of the caravan of cars headed to the dreaded public parking. Yes, I feel like an elite.

Another checkpoint where you stop until they wave you on.


Closer to that stop.

This is the dreaded public parking which doesn't really do it justice. Imagine this about a 15-minute walk away from the show -- and remember it's not even 7 am yet. Think how much farther back you are if you arrive at 10 am.

this is just a cross walk for pedestrians where you have to stop

The last checkpoint until you're on your own. I know I am incredibly lucky to park about 50 steps from where my work is. Today I ate lunch off site and was able to leave the show, eat lunch, come back and get another close in space to where I was going to be. When I was in this VIP-type building (which I was in because I was holding a meeting there), the woman who actually mailed me my car pass came over to introduce herself -- I guess someone pointed her out to me -- and I told her that I bless her every time I use the car, which I do. I want it indelibly printed in her head, "Gee, Pat appreciates this car pass."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep those pics and stories coming!

Stephanie