Thursday, July 5, 2012

Debbie Wasserman Schultz & Pie

I have long been a fan of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, now chair of the Democratic National Committee, and I follow her on Twitter. Of course, she mostly Tweets about political topics, but today she Tweeted:

Thank u Miss Loretta-Big John's Shake Shack Marion AR.
3 words: Hot Fudge Pie
Best pattymelt ever!

Ok, that got my attention like no House vote, filibuster, pending legislation could. I haven't had a Patty Melt in years -- is it a hamburger/cheeseburger on toasted rye with sauteed onions? If so, count me in. But then... hot fudge pie! I thought I was aware of all decadent desserts. I imagined it as an  ice cream pie with hot fudge sauce, but as you can see in the photo below it's like a warm oozy brownie, best served with vanilla ice cream.

So if I ever end up on death row, a patty melt and a piece of hot fudge pie (with vanilla ice cream) might just have to be my best last meal.







And here's our girl Debbie looking like a woman of the people. Wonder if this is before or after her wonderful lunch.

Additional info... this is a patty melt as I know it, but looking at all the images, there are a whole lot of variations to it:

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...Nirvana. I, of Brooklyn NY origins, have never heard term pattymelt. But I sure want to devour this one. Maybe two or three Thanks Debbie, you have great taste.

Fran said...

"Anonymous" Fran again - thanks for posting the pattymelt portrait, Pat. Yum. Believe we of NE Brooklyn persuasion called it a "grilled (fill in the name of the filling here) -- except for tuna, which was called a tunamelt. A Ruben was called a Ruben.

You're making me hungry again.

Anonymous said...

Put me down for a slice of the pie...I am salivating!!!!Stephanie

Melissa said...

Yummmmmy, count me in for both!