Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Judy and Rob

Today is Judy and Rob's 42nd anniversary. I said earlier today that I still remember being in State College at Mary's house when we were in college the summer that Judy was getting married. Rob had a job in a grocery store, and we went to the grocery store so I could meet him. I can still see him stocking the dairy case. Really. And they have been stuck in my mind as newlyweds ever since. Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know it was a long time ago and they are grandparents several times over, but I still think of them as that young couple.

So happy 42nd (gulp) Anniversary to Judy and Rob.


Judy responds to my earlier email:

Rob is still a newlywed; however, I am not. And yes Pat, I can remember very well standing in front of the Acme and then going inside for you to meet him. I used to watch him from the parking lot and see him at the check out. My expectations were very low. He worked full-time all the way through college. Memories - what they do for us!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary Judy and Rob!

Stephanie