Monday, July 30, 2012

Home Again Monday

Ahhhh.... home again. Got in around 12:30 and hadn't eaten anything and had no groceries so I was trying to think of what I felt like -- and it came to me... Chinese food! So I had a great sesame chicken lunch, with brown rice, looked through the pile of mail and then ate lunch, have been on the phone and reading email ever since.

I always get paranoid the closer I get to the rental car return that I will have an accident or a fender bender... like "after all these hundreds of miles..." Cars get very close to you in the city and you have to go with the flow.

This is in Manhattan on the back of a soda, I mean "pop," delivery truck. This is about Mayor Bloomburg's edict that you can't buy more than 16 oz of pop/other sugary drinks at a time. Today I heard his new thing is that mothers must breastfeed their newborns unless there is a medical reason to not.

NYC's version of the Amish.

Traffic going up 10th Avenue after having come through the Lincoln Tunnel. I stopped to get gas and kinda/sorta had to go to the bathroom. Saw that this place had three bathrooms close by until I realized that it was the cab drivers' rest stop with a constant flow (PUN INTENDED) of cab driver pee of all nations. Thought wetting my pants might be preferable to using one of these restrooms which were being used 24/7 by cab drivers. (I did make it home in time.)

Through Central Park on 85th Street heading East

Rental car place to cab to my steps where I sat for a while as it was a beautiful day. Bunch of subway workers walking past and I asked each one when the subway is going to be finished and, to a man, they just laughed at me. Here's another piece of equipment on my block, headed for the corner.


By the way, my fall yesterday caused no pain, no bruises, no odd black and blue marks anywhere for which I'm grateful.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Welcome home, Pat!

Melissa said...

I have a question..how are you taking those photos while you are driving??? Given NYC traffic... Is that dangerous? Glad you are home safe!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe Bloomberg! How did he make it to a third term? Oh yes, he cheated by changing the law and then reversing it again.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Bloomberg is losing it, I think. You can control some of the people, some of the time, but....
Welcome home, Pat. Hopefully it is not too hot, and even a little quiet in your neighborhood, despite the construction. Enjoy the dog days of summer....