Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nice Surprise

I was invited to a baby shower for the daughter of a grade school friend. Can't go because I'll be in Oshkosh, but she was registered at Amazon. As much as I really don't like registries, I have to say it sure is convenient. I also appreciated that she had many lower cost items -- so much so that I felt I had to bundle a few together. So I picked this baby cleansing cream, baby washcloths, comb and brush set and manicure scissors and called it the "Metrosexual Baby" in my gift card.

But the best part, and a total surprise, was when I was checking out and was asked how I'm going to pay; clicked on my American Express card and then was given the choice of using "thank you rewards points" or charging it on my card. I had 54,000 thank you rewards points and this gift cost 8500. I feel as if I got everything for free.

I have to say I so rarely cash these kind of points in, but I always sign up for them so it was nice to be able to use them, so easily!

But now I'm thinking about how babies smell when you've finished bathing them and how soft their skin is. I'd like to have one for about 8 hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will give you my first born! Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Eight hours--I'm guessing three would be just fine! (Especially if the baby slept for two of them! I do love sleeping babies....)