Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summertime

Mary writes: The latest arrangement by Eneida - rose of sharon (hibiscus) and purple cone flower. I have a couple of big white rose of sharon bushes, but she found the smaller purple one that combines so beautifully with the cone flower. These are a much deeper color than they appear - almost a magenta. They are stunning sitting alone in the center of the table

This arrangement says summer to me. There's something so lovely and old-fashioned about informal summer flowers. I always thought a pitcher of wild flowers was more beautiful than the most elegant florist-made arrangement. That puts me in the mood for sunflowers. It's almost their time, I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Mary. By the way, we now have added Kali to our home. She is a 4 month old calico kitten. We went to our local shelter and she was waiting for us. We were so lonesome here without our Macho. Kali is a joy.

Stephanie

Mary said...

how wonderful! kittens are so entertaining! I actually haven't been around a kitten in years. Have fun!

Melissa said...

I LOVE Rose of Sharon ! Just beautiful!