Friday, July 6, 2012

Trip Prep

I'll be leaving for Oshkosh on July 20. In advance of that, I joined AAA since I'll be driving and a friend recommended it. I never considered joining since I don't have a car. I have never had a mechanical problem with a rental car (knock on wood), but it's nice to have that road service available. It was onlty $48 and I took advantage of one of the benefits and ordered a TripTik, which is AAA's mile by mile map, in a spiral notebook.

The package arrived today, and not only did I get a TripTik, but I got guidebooks and roadmaps for individual states: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin. All for free... well, all for no additional charge.

I have ordered a few new articles of clothes. Mary sent me a book on CD, and I ordered some from eBay (used). It was a lot of 5 books, for $12.95 which is a great price since the five books were some I would actually want to read. With this lot, you had the option of making a "best offer" which I'd never done before. I didn't want to insult the buyer, so I made an offer of $10 and it was instantly accepted. Now I have a little pile of trip things started. I wish this were a vacation instead of a business trip, and an exhausting one at that, but I am trying to make the most of it.

I'm sure I'll be boring you along the way with all the little bits of info I'm reading about in my guidebooks. I've also noted that the hotel did charge my credit card with the full week's stay, but I just want to call them to confirm the dates.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never bore me. I love your photos and stories. Keep them coming....Stephanie

Barbara said...

I love paper maps too. But I wonder how many people never bother with them anymore, with their dependence on GPS?

Pat said...

I haven't driven with GPS but I do like a good map.