Thursday, August 16, 2012

What I'm Reading



There's nothing I would like right more right now than an impossible to put down, page turner book. This book has been on the NY Times Best Seller list for a while. It's about a wife who disappears and of course they look to the husband. The story is told in alternating chapters of the husband talking and the missing wife's diary/journal. I like that format, but it wasn't enough to make me buy.

Then I saw the author on television, and I really liked her. The interviewer loved the book, said she couldn't put it down, and said that she loved that your loyalty switches back and forth between the husband and the wife as it's not clear who's the good guy and who's the bad guy.

The author is this lovely woman in her 30s who has this happy marriage and kids and she writes out of her home in the basement -- she was asked if it's hard to go from the world of the book to her normal family upstairs and she says she made a sign that said, "Leave the creepy in the basement" -- which I liked. Plus she said she will stop writing and give herself 15 minutes of video games or some other transitional activity before she'd go upstairs and be the normal, uncreepy wife.

I ordered it, and it arrived today. Will let you know how I enjoy it.

No comments: