Monday, September 10, 2012

On the Way to Ohio

My day got off to a great start, and I'm not even being sarcastic. As I came out the front door of my building with a big suitcase, a totebag, and my purse, the super was there who offered to carry my suitcase down the steps. Then I headed toward the corner to get a cab and had gone about 20 steps when a cab (and the kind I like even) pulled up to discharge a passenger right where I was. The driver jumped out of the cab to get my suitcase. He was really nice.

So off I went. I appreciate being able to cross the George Washington Bridge and look back at Manhattan and see the new World Trade Center building. For years, the skyline looked just weird to me.

It was a beautiful day, low 70s, sunny. I noticed through most of Pennsylvania, golden rod lined the highway so it was pretty to see.

On with the photos:


Route 80 heading West in New Jersey.

Pennsylvania welcomes me.

Cruising through Pennsylvania.


Pretty, old mountains or Pretty old mountains.

Here's a sign you don't see in NY: FRESHEST SNUFF, LOWER PRICES. This is a place I stopped to use the restroom. Did not buy any snuff.


My weird hotel door in Clarion, PA. The lowest sign says "Memory Lane."

I've never had a hotel room with a name.

"Memory Lane" doesn't have much of a view.

Queen size bed, uncomfortable chair.


Desk and the view outside looks more promising from a distance.



Tomorrow it's on to Ohio. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No car rental story?

Melissa said...

You deserve a hassle free trip this time! Thanks for taking us along for the ride!!

Pat said...

No, something must be wrong. I even went back to the same company that didn't have a car for Oshkosh. I feel like if you stopped going to one, you'd eventually have no more companies. There was no line, no hassle, no wait, got the right car at the reserved price. The guy who brought my car even offered to put my suitcase in the trunk. Then, of course, worry wart that I am, I started thinking that I hadn't really seen him put it in the trunk and what if he got distracted and I drove away... I did not check when I stopped, and I sort of laughed to myself when I opened the trunk at the hotel and there was my suitcase.

Barbara said...

Hope this beginning portends a great trip overall...