Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pampered Wednesday

I can't complain too much about today since I was in good hands all day long. First off, my helper Marilyn came. I think I am just burned out on a lifetime of doing everything myself, so the weeks I know she is coming I just throw all the clean laundry on the sofa for her to fold. Well, I spare her my underwear, but everything else is hers. When she comes, she folds, I watch her, and we chat about "hot topics" which is mainly politics, reality tv, etc. Then we packed up ... whoops, SHE packed up some books to send, this power chord my Ohio client loaned me when mine broke when I was there and she was off to do my errands -- bank, dry cleaner, drug store, post office (to mail and she got the package) etc. -- a whole list of places.

While she was gone, Moira, who is the super's wife, arrived to install my brand-new CO detector which is a combination smoke/CO detector. I have a working smoke detector, which I know still works, but it is literally 20 years old so she took that one down and put the new one in its place and both detectors had the same footprint so it was a great exchange. When she tested it, the damn thing is ear splitting -- much louder than my 20-year old smoke detector. I have a CO detector in my bedroom, and now the smoke and CO detector in the living area.

Then Marianella, my mobil spa woman, arrived for my monthly mani/pedi/waxing. Last month she told me I should post a before and after of my hands on my blog. I always comment how my nails look 100 percent better once they are filed and de-cuticled, even before the polish goes on.

I let Marianella pick the color as I don't really care that much, and I sort of like how she pushes the envelope with colors I'd never choose. I won't do blues and greens, but today it was a purplish brown -- a color I would NEVER choose, but I have to say I like it -- I like it alot. The color is named Toni.

BEFORE
BEFORE

 
AFTER

AFTER

AFTER
 Marianella asked me if I wanted to take before and after pictures of my chin, too. Very funny, Marianella. I said no, I don't think the world wants or needs to see that.

So just to make sure my day wasn't totally wonderful, I did see a mouse a few hours ago. But the glue trap is out so it's just a matter of time before I get the last laugh. I killed your kids and you're next.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marianella did a beautiful job. Since moving to Fla. I have the shortest and worst nails in the world. Since arriving, I have had a bad case of dermatitis on 2 nails. I thought it was a fungus but the dermatologist said no. It is most likely from exzema which I now have a senior moment and have forgottten how to spell it. I hate how my nails look since I was so fastidious in N.Y. about them and received many compliments on how beautiful my hands looked through the years. Well, no more. So my dear friend, I can now say that I am jealous of how beautiful your hands look. Kidding aside, I hate to even look at my nails. They are filed down to the quick and I cannot get a decent mani/pedi in the state of Florida!

Sorry about the mouse, killer!

Stephanie

Pat said...

I am sorry to hear that as I will vouch how beautiful Stephanie's nail and hands were/are. She always had impeccable manicures.

msry mv said...

Maybe it's temporary as you adjust yo the climate?

Mary Mc said...

Ok that last one was from me but my typing an my Android was pretty bad ;)