Monday, December 31, 2012

Miscellany

I had an insight tonight when I realized my elbow wore through my flannel nightgown much to my disappointment. Here's the insight:  if I remember buying something, it's still "new" or "nearly new" in my brain. This nighgown is probably between five and ten years old.

Yes, I'll dump it, but I was thinking that I have such good feelings about this particular nightgown. It's dark blue/dark green plaid you often see in flannel and I equate this nightgown with feelings of coziness, comfort, safety, big down comforters, being warm on winter nights etc. I remember reading once that the hardest clothes to get rid of are clothes you've had a good time in. I can't say I had a good time as in Ya-Ha in this nightgown, but I do feel good about it.

On other fronts, Mary sends along this photo of an appetizer she made to bring to her neighbor's get-together tonight:


Mary explains:  I made a delicious appetizer of crostini (the slices of toasted bread brushed with olive oil, topped with feta cheese mixed with cream cheese, topped with chopped tomatoes that have been marinated with shallots, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt pepper and basil, then sprinkled with basil and toasted pine nuts.  I'm so proud that for once I actually toasted nuts without burning them. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just before I left New York, I had the same experience with a nightgown. It was my favorite winter one with a gigantic hole in one elbow. It sure is hard to let go.

Mary, that appetizer looks delicious!

Happy and healthy New Year Pat and to all who read my friend's blog!

Stephanie

Melissa said...

I agree! That appetizer looks yummy! I wear Jammie's instead of nightgowns... But I think it's the same... You get the 'favorites' that give you comfort... Like an old terry cloth towel vs a new one :). Happy new year my friends!

Melissa said...

I agree! That appetizer looks yummy! I wear Jammie's instead of nightgowns... But I think it's the same... You get the 'favorites' that give you comfort... Like an old terry cloth towel vs a new one :). Happy new year my friends!